Agility Class Policies
1. Please come a few minutes before class starts and “exercise” your dog in one of the designated pens on either side of the building. Please clean up after your dog.
2. If your dog has an “accident” in the building on the floor, we will gladly hold your dog while you clean it up.
3. Never allow your dog on the agility equipment without the supervision of an instructor or assistant. If the instructors are setting up for the class, they are not available to supervise you and your dog on the equipment.
4. Always keep a safe distance between your dog and other dogs. Keep your dog on leash at all times unless you are working on the floor under the direction of an instructor. Inattentive handlers or overly aggressive dogs will not be tolerated.
5. Learning agility handling involves becoming physically (and mentally) coordinated, learning how to communicate with your dog through verbal commands, hand signals, and general body language. All these skills can only come with time and with practice. Not all dogs and handlers will progress at the same rate, so please keep a positive attitude and have fun.
6. Your dog will need a flat buckle collar (quick-release snaps are fine) with a 3-4 foot leash and a short tag line. Please bring plenty of treats. Please wear clothes that have pockets so you can put your treats in your pocket (no treat bag PLEASE). Make sure to wear appropriate shoes--“running” or athletic shoes are best. NO SANDALS or FLIP FLOPS ALLOWED!
7. Agility Class Policy: All dogs will be crated unless they are working on the floor with their handler and the instructor. This is not an option.