A Trained Dog is a Happy Dog
SMDTC is dedicated to producing dogs that have been trained and conditioned always to behave in home, in public places, and in the presence of other dogs.
- This event has passed.
Pet Therapy Workshop
February 17, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Pet Therapy of the Ozarks, Inc. has designed a program for evaluating therapy pets that assesses
the important traits of a Good Community Citizen. The month before each Therapy Pet Evaluation a “Pawsitive” Workshop will be held to demonstrate and educate prospective members on what is expected of a therapy pet. There is a $15.00 non-refundable workshop fee. These essentials are expected of all prospective teams:
- Pets must be at least one year of age by the evaluation date and owners must be 18 years of age.
- All pets must be healthy and clean.
- Proof of current vaccinations is required.
- Teams must always be respectful of other animals and people. They should always represent themselves as good citizens of our community.
All tests for canines are performed on a leash. Spike or pinch collars are not acceptable. Cats and rabbits may be carried in a basket or wear a harness. If joining as a family, anyone 18 years of age or older planning to handle the pet during therapy visits must participate in the testing process.REASONS FOR DISMISSAL:
- Repeated barking is not permissible.
- Any pet that eliminates during testing will be failed.
- Any pet that growls, snaps bites, attacks or shows aggression toward any person or another pet shall be dismissed from the evaluation.
- Any handler who displays unsportsmanlike conduct or is seen to kick, strike, or otherwise roughly manhandle a pet at any time during the test shall be dismissed immediately.
- February 17, 2018
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Pet Therapy of the Ozarks