A Trained Dog is a Happy Dog
SMDTC is dedicated to producing dogs that have been trained and conditioned always to behave in home, in public places, and in the presence of other dogs.
Pet Therapy Workshop
February 17, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Pet Therapy of the Ozarks, Inc. has designed a program for evaluating therapy pets that assesses
the important traits of a Good Community Citizen. The month before each Therapy Pet Evaluation a “Pawsitive” Workshop will be held to demonstrate and educate prospective members on what is expected of a therapy pet. There is a $15.00 non-refundable workshop fee. These essentials are expected of all prospective teams:
- Pets must be at least one year of age by the evaluation date and owners must be 18 years of age.
- All pets must be healthy and clean.
- Proof of current vaccinations is required.
- Teams must always be respectful of other animals and people. They should always represent themselves as good citizens of our community.
All tests for canines are performed on a leash. Spike or pinch collars are not acceptable. Cats and rabbits may be carried in a basket or wear a harness. If joining as a family, anyone 18 years of age or older planning to handle the pet during therapy visits must participate in the testing process.REASONS FOR DISMISSAL:
- Repeated barking is not permissible.
- Any pet that eliminates during testing will be failed.
- Any pet that growls, snaps bites, attacks or shows aggression toward any person or another pet shall be dismissed from the evaluation.
- Any handler who displays unsportsmanlike conduct or is seen to kick, strike, or otherwise roughly manhandle a pet at any time during the test shall be dismissed immediately.
- February 17, 2018
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Pet Therapy of the Ozarks